Thursday, June 14, 2012

Blog 13 - Lulz!

UK LulzSec suspect charged with hacking in US

The British man Ryan Cleary, part of the Lulz Security hacking group, has been charged by the US for hacking into several websites, including that of the X-Factor. Mr Cleary, born in Wickford, Essex, has also been charged by the US. The 20-year-old male suspect is accused of breaking in to the Serious Organised Crime Agency website while he was still a teenager. Cleary was taken into custody last March. If he gets convicted, he faces a maximum of twenty-five years in jail.

Although what he did was illegal, I respect this man; not because he is a criminal but because he is just twenty years old and already able to hack into the most complicated and best encrypted sites in the world. This man is a genius. If the UK is smart, they recruit him instead of sending him to jail. Hackers are the best website defense builders in the world, this is a fact. They know exactly how the hack a site so they also know how to protect one.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-18439217

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you saying that it'd be wise for the government to hire this person. On the other hand, he has committed a crime and I'd say that the government should enforce the law when it comes to crime. Otherwise, where would you draw the line?

    On an unrelated note, how are you so sure that hackers are the best website defense builders in the world? I am not saying it's not true, but is it really a fact?

    Again, though, I do agree with you and I think your blog is well-written!

    ReplyDelete