Andrew Hall, a Stoke City's academy attendant, is accused of
stabbing a 15-year-old girl, named Megan-Leigh Peat, to death. Andrew Hall,
aged 18, apparently stabbed Megan to death. However, the reason is still
unknown. Peat left the bar together with an 18-year-old male and died around
1.30AM at a house in Ailesbury Road in Ampthill. Her friends have paid tribute at
the scene of her death. Chelsie McAneny, a friend of Peat: “Everyone loved her,
she was bubbly and popular and she stuck up for everyone, even when she was
down”.
The guy probably got rejected which made him go mad and then
he stabbed her. Another tragic story, one of the all too many tragic stories
you read in the paper every day. I just cannot understand why people would do
these things. If you’re a guy and you get rejected, grow a pair and continue
life with your head to the sky. Things like these happen every day; if we
stabbed someone for each time we got depressed the world would be a lousy
place, would it not? Put this guy behind bars for a long time and let him learn
from his mistakes.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jun/13/andrew-hall-footballer-charged-with-murder
I picked the same article to summarise so I came in to see what you made of it. I think you did a good job, there are two things I'd like to comment on, though. First off, to me it feels as if the second sentence ("Andrew Hall, aged 18, apparently stabbed Megan to death.") is redundant, it more or less repeats what you said in the first sentence. Secondly, in the sentence right after that it says "However", but the rest of that third sentence does not contradict the second sentence so "however" seems a bit out of place.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you that it is sad that there are so many tragic stories in the news these days. As far as I know, though, it's not known whether Hall got rejected or not, so jumping to conclusions like that is something I'd refrain from doing.